Open Call for Digital Illustrators
For decades, Qasr Al Hosn has inspired artists around the world. This is your chance to tell the story of the historical fort and celebrate the culture and heritage of Abu Dhabi with an illustration. The winning artwork will be featured on a special merchandise line, available exclusively at the Qasr Al Hosn gift shop. Send in your entries before 29 May 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants must be at least 16 years old
- Participants must be UAE residents. Proof of Emirates ID will be requested for participation eligibility.
- Employees of Al Hosn, their immediate family members and other parties directly involved with this contest are not eligible to enter.
- Illustrations must celebrate Qasr Al Hosn by showcasing elements of Qasr Al Hosn fort, or Abu Dhabi's culture and traditions. Illustrations should not include any text.
- Each Entry must be submitted by an individual. No joint submissions will be accepted.
- Participants can submit more than one entry.
- 1 winner will be selected by a panel under Qasr Al Hosn.
- Submissions must be unpublished original artworks created for the purpose of this competition.
- Participants should refrain from posting their submissions online until the contest results are announced and publishing clearance is given by Qasr Al Hosn.
- Submission format PNG or JPG format, less than 5MB for evaluation purposes only. The winning artwork must be submitted in high resolution PSD or Illustrator file, suitable for design implementation on products for further production, otherwise the submission will be disqualified.
- Participants must submit their entries to Media@Qasralhosn.ae to apply, with email subject Open Call Submission, along with the signed Terms & Conditions form, available to download on qasralhosn.ae/LINK and a soft copy of their Emirates ID.
- The winner will be announced on Qasr Al Hosn's digital platforms, and will be notified via Media@qasralhosn.ae and must reply with their full name and contact number by the stipulated deadline for prize collection. Each participant is responsible for monitoring his/her email for prize notification and other communications related to this Contest.
- A prize of AED 10,000 will be awarded to the winner, in addition to being featured on Qasr Al Hosn's digital platforms, and a chance to showcase their work on a special line of merchandise which will be available at the Qasr Al Hosn giftshop. The winner must liaise with Qasr Al Hosn to follow the Department of Culture & Tourism's freelancer registration process to claim their prize.
- Final date for submissions is: 12 AM 29 May 2020
- Participants must acknowledge that their winning submission will be featured on Qasr Al Hosn's digital channels, and used on merchandise sold at Qasr Al Hosn giftshop.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to provide the commercial rights of the winning artwork to Qasr Al Hosn, therefore cannot use the artwork for commercial purposes without prior agreement with Qasr Al Hosn.
By signing this form, you confirm that you have read and agree with the terms and conditions above.